The public library in Nässjö city is situated at Carl Petersons plats 1.
At Nässjö public library we have books in many different languages. We also have a wide range of other media available to lend, for example DVDs and music on CD.
How do I get a library card?
To be able to borrow books and other media at the library you will have to get a library card. This card is free of charge but you have to bring your ID to the library to obtain it. If you loose your library card you can get a new one to the price of 20 Swedish krona. With the library card you can borrow books, magazines, DVDs and CDs free of charge.
The library card is a personal document. You are responsible for all loans registered on the card. As a parent you are responsible for loans taken out by your children.
For how long can I keep my loan?
The lending period for books is normally 4 weeks. For magazines and CDs, the lending period is two weeks, for DVDs the lending period is one week. Providing nobody else has reserved the media you can renew your loans for a maximum of three loan periods. If you do not return the media in the prescribed time you will have to pay a fee. For books, magazines and CDs the fee is 5 krona per started week and for DVDs the fee is 15 krona per started week past the period of borrowing.
Can I use a computer at the library?
We have public computers where you can use Internet for maximun one hour per day, free of charge. You use your library card and pin-code to book and to log-in. You also have the possibility to print from the Internet-computers, this for a fee of 2 krona per paper. If you would like to print a document from Word you can book our studying room. Phone the library or book when you are visiting.
You can also use the Internet if you are visiting Nässjö and don´t have a library card. Ask the librarians at the library and they will help you.
The library has toilet for disabled access and visitors with assistance dogs are welcome.
When the library is closed you can return your loans in the return box, situated outside of the library’s entrance. The library is closed on Sundays and on public holidays.
- Stadsbiblioteket: Besöksadress: Carl Petersons plats 1, Nässjö | Postadress: Bryggmästaregatan 4, 571 31 Nässjö
- Tel: 0380-51 82 33 | E-post: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Måndag-fredag kl. 10:00-19:00 (tidningsrummet 08:30) | Lördag kl. 10:00-14:00
- Bibliotek/medborgarkontor: Finns i Anneberg, Bodafors Forserum och Malmbäck.
- Anneberg | Måndag kl. 10-18 | Tisdag kl. 13-18 | Onsdag stängt | Torsdag kl. 10-18 | Fredag kl. 10-15
- Bodafors | Måndag kl. 10-18 | Tisdag kl. 10-15 | Onsdag kl. 10-15 | Torsdag kl. 10-18 | Fredag kl. 10-15
- Forserum | Måndag kl. 10-18 | Tisdag kl. 10-15 | Onsdag kl. 13-18 | Torsdag kl. 10-18 | Fredag kl. 10-15
- Malmbäck | Måndag kl. 10-18 | Tisdag kl. 10-15 | Onsdag kl. 10-18 | Torsdag stängt | Fredag kl. 10-15
- Mer information hittar du här:
- Länk till Om oss